Data Protection Statements from UTM-Builder
NOTE: You can opt out of tracking with a clicking this button and changing cookie settings:
The subject of data protection is personal data. These are according to § 3 para. 1 BDSG details about personal or factual circumstances of an identified or identifiable natural person. This includes, for example, information such as name, postal address, email address or phone number – and, if applicable, may also pertain to data usage such as your IP address.
This protection applies to data related to visits, to registrations and to actions on the utm-builder-platform whilst registered: for example, creation of tagging profiles, usage of the UTM-Builder profile, purchase of upgrade. This also applies to participation in contests and sweepstakes.
In addition, the privacy policies of external sites also apply (for example, an external sales platform) or social networks (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram), inasmuch as you access it using UTM-Builder.
2. Scope of Data Collection
You cannot visit the UTM-Builder site without sharing your personal data with us. Once you arrive at the UTM-Builder website, our servers temporarily store each access in a log file. We store the following data anonymously – i.e. without specific reference to the person:
- The IP address of the requesting computer.
- The date and time of access.
- The name and URL of the downloaded file.
- The website from which you arrived.
- The operating system of your computer.
- The browser you are using.
- The name of your Internet access provider.
Thus, if you wish to not only visit our site, but also use it and actively participate, you must register and thereby leave the following information: full name, e-mail address, personal password. Your e-mail address will not be publicly visible on our site.
The collection of obligatory data is required for:
- The handling and administration of the portal.
- To check the reliability of the data entered.
- The processing of the user agreement.
In addition, you may voluntarily include the following details in order to better present yourself to other UTM-Builder members: your first and last name, your gender, a profile photo and a profile text about yourself.
This information will be publicly visible.
If you decide to purchase a paid UTM-Builder plan, we also need the following information in order to process the payment: your PayPal e-mail address, or your credit card, or your bank account details.
The data is collected for statistical reasons and to facilitate the smooth functioning of our site.
3. Assigned Data Use
The data that we collect, as specified in para. 2 and in the following paragraphs, is collected for statistical reasons and to facilitate the smooth functioning of our site. If we want to use the data for other purposes – e.g. for advertising purposes – we will obtain your consent beforehand. A transfer of your personal data to third parties cannot take place wthout your written consent, unless the transmission of these details is necessary for the carrying out of a service which contractually binds us to you. Similarly, the communication of this information to state institutions and authorities is only possible if a court or judicial decision requires us to do so.
4. How We Share Your Information
It is our policy not to share your information gathered through the Website or Services with third parties. However, there are instances where we may share your information with a third party, including:
- where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or demands;
- if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person;
- if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding situations that involve abuse of the Services infrastructure or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, denial of service attacks, or attempts to compromise the security of the Website infrastructure or the Services generally);
- to our parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control;
- if this information is not private, is aggregated or is otherwise public information to our affiliates, agents, contractors, and service providers in order to facilitate the functioning of the Services or to perform tasks that are integral to the Services, such as processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, or providing support services or other tasks.
- We also use a few analytics tools to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how each uses your Personal Information here:
- Google Analytics: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
And you can opt out of tracking by changing your preferences here:
We use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
And you can opt out of tracking by changing your preferences here:
6. Use of Google Analytics
The user may at any time delete their account. To ask us to delete your account or for further details pertaining to modifications, you can contact us at any time: see section 9 for further information.
7. Facebook Plugins
UTM-Builder uses the “Sign Up” and “Log-in” functions, as provided by the social network facebook.com, which is operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, United States (hereinafter referred to as “Facebook”).
With this collaboration, we offer the “Sign up” and “Log in” with Facebook options, so that you can register on our site via your Facebook account. Although you insert your Facebook password when registering at UTM-Builder via your Facebook account, UTM-Builder does not receive any information concerning this password – of which the access is encrypted.
In addition, we have incorporated the social plugins from Facebook, namely the Facebook “Page like” button, with which you like our facebook page. Also, with the “facepile” function, you can view which contacts follow our page “UTM-Builder”.
Facebook will automatically receive information about which social plugin you use and in what way. If you are logged in simultaneously on Facebook, Facebook identifies your visit (for example, to then expose you to advertisements relating to our site). Facebook delineates in its own privacy statement what data is accurately collected and stored. Therefore, we recommend that you refrain from using the social plugins if you are unsure as to what their policy entails.
8. Newsletter Registration and System Messages
If you have agreed to receive the UTM-Builder Newsletter, you thereby declare that you consent to receive e-mail Newsletters to the e-mail provided, complete with the content that we have chosen. Our Newsletters may contain information regarding UTM-Builder, but also information concerning UTM-Builder members and our partners. You can unsubscribe from the Newsletter at any time via a link in the Newsletter itself. Or you also have the possibility to write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to unsubscribe.
In addition, when you subscribe to the Newsletter, you then automatically agree to receive e-mails related to your registration, changes to your user details, alerts for reserved courses, purchases made or your activity in our showcase.
Alongside its own e-mail systems, UTM-Builder also uses the additional services of Mailchimp and Mandrill, part of The Rocket Science Group, LLC (hereafter referred to as “Mailchimp”) whose privacy statement can be found here: http://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
When you subscribe to our Newsletter, we then transfer your details onto Mailchimp, but only so that they can send you the kind of information that is outlined above.
The handling of sensitive or personal user data.
The Chrome extension allows users to login to our app.utm-builder application, to create links based on their current url and to store a history of link creation activity for the user to access later via our app.utm-builder application. The Chrome extension neither collects, transmits nor stores sensitive data for users not previously registered to app.utm-builder.com or those not logged in or attempting to login. Our extension interacts with the following forms of sensitive or personal user data during normal usage
- User email address – Personally identifiable information
- The users current URL – Web browsing activity
What information does the Chrome extension collect?
- Login details when and if a user login in (email and utm-builder password)
- Links created which may or may not contain the users current url. Collected and stored only at user request
- Usage information – Data for non-logged in users is anonymous and contains no sensitive or personal user data
How is this information Collected?
All information collected is done, is transmitted securely via HTTPS to the app.utm-builder servers. No data is collected via any third party service. All stored data is AES encrypted at rest.
How is this information used
- Email, Password or Google Authentication is used to facilitate the user logging onto the utm-builder service to use their previously created profiles and to associate links created with their account.
- Links created and usage information is stored for access by the user via app.utm-builder. So that a user can understand their marketing activities in line with UTM-Builder LTD’s main product offering.
What information does UTM-Builder share with external partners
- No information collected from the Chrome extension is shared externally
How can I access my data or change my preferences?
All user data can be accessed through logging in via https://app.utm-builder.com/login. In addition it is possible to request a GDPR compliant delete (right to be forgotten) while logged in above or by contacting support directly – email@example.com
10. Other External Services
Our site may also contain other plugins. These plugins are the responsibility of the respective provider (for example, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+). As with the Facebook plugin, therefore, we have no influence over the amount of data collected by the respective plugin provider, or indeed how this data is then used. For those who are not yet clients of these plugin providers and who have not yet approved their terms and conditions, we advise that you avoid using or clicking on such plugins.
11. Your Rights regarding Information, Revocation and Cancellation
Your can at any time view, edit or delete the details in your UTM-Builder profile. If you want to delete your user account entirely, please write to us a message.
Upon request, UTM-Builder will also send you the information about the data that we have collected on you (by e-mail or by postal delivery). Before the communication of this information, it is essential that we receive documentary evidence confirming the identity of the person requesting this information. The blocking and deletion of data is done so in accordance with the legal requirements.